The Mark of the Beast
One of the most important things that you have to understand during this time is the Mark of the Beast. First let's look at all of the references in the book of Revelation concerning this mark.
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Revelation 15:2
And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. Revelation 16:2
And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
This is what is known about this mark:
1) During the rule of the antichrist, he will institute a system whereby nobody can buy or sell anything. - This will be a very trying time for the Christians on the earth. You will not be able to buy food, medicine, clothes, etc. Likewise, you will not be able to sell anything. More than likely money will be obsolete and any funds you may have in the bank (or stocks, etc ) is worthless unless you take this mark. Living day to day will become difficult without the ability to buy or sell anything.
2) Anyone who receives this mark will have painful sores on their body when the angel pours out God's wrath (the first vial ) upon the earth. - These sores will not be a slight nuisance, they will be terribly painful.
3) Anyone who receives this mark will spend eternity in Hell (the lake of fire) and will be tormented forever.
- This is the most important thing to remember about this mark. Even though it means that you might starve to death or be killed for refusing this mark, remember that you are an eternal creature. Life doesn't stop when you die on this earth. You will spend an eternity with God or in the Lake of Fire. Many Christians before you have died as martyrs and kept their faith through trials and tribulations. Let me assure you that your reward in heaven is incomprehensibly better than any temporary safety you may garner from accepting this mark.
4) Anyone who refuses to accept the mark will be persecuted by the antichrist.
- Most people on the earth are going to accept this mark and seal their fate forever. The Christians, who will most likely be the majority of those refusing to take this mark, will bear the brunt of this persecution. There could be a price on anyone's head for refusing to take this mark. Your friends and family may turn you in, possibly your own spouse or children. The antichrist will probably portray the people refusing the mark as the evil ones. No matter what anybody says, no matter what violence you are threatened with - do not take this mark.
These things are not known at the time of this publication:
1) What exactly the mark will be.
- A lot of people think that it will be some sort of implantable microchip. This makes sense because of the ability to track purchases electronically is commonplace. It could be that the microchip will be tied into a huge database that verifies the person's bank accounts and automatically deducts the funds. Also the antichrist may pitch different selling points of the mark like the ability to track lost children, the ability to catch criminals very fast, the ability to safeguard your money. However, I believe the main point of the mark will be to show that you worship the antichrist. The mark could also be a tattoo or something along that line. When the antichrist makes this system mandatory worldwide, you will know what it is.
2) What the number of the beast is.
-I mention this because in Revelation 13:18 it mentions the number of the beast (the antichrist ) in reference to the mark. Many people have tried to deduce which world leader is the antichrist by adding up the numerical values of their names. I have seen at least ten people that supposedly were the antichrist because their names added up to 666. Many prophecy scholars think that the number 666 is a reference to the antichrist mimicking the Holy trinity. The number 6 is the number of man and indicates his sinful nature and is one short of the number 7 which indicates holiness. I believe that during the tribulation the Christians will understand this and know the answer to this scripture.
3) Exactly when the mark will be instituted.
- Most prophecy scholars think that the mark of the beast will be instituted at midpoint through the tribulation (after the antrichrist comes back to life ). However, I would suggest to be prepared at anytime for the mark to be instituted.
What you can do to prepare for the mark of the beast:
1) Pray to God for guidance.
2) Get out of the cities and towns and into the countryside. Get in contact with other Christians and work with them on contingency plans.
3) Store food and medicine in a safe place. If possible, store these items in two or more secure locations in case you have to leave suddenly or one of your stashes is found.
4) Learn as much as you can about survival skills. What things in the woods you can eat, how to make a quick shelter in the wilderness, etc. This may come in handy if you have to be on the run.
In summary, I want to re-emphasize the point that if you take the mark - you have turned your back on God and will be tormented in the Lake of fire forever. I have written this section assuming that you are a Christian. If you haven't accepted Jesus as your personal savior yet, that is without a doubt the most important decision you have to make this very minute. If you don't take the mark of the beast, but haven't accepted Christ as your savior before you die- you will still end up in hell.
I won't mince words about what this system (the mark of the beast ) means to you. Your chances of making it alive to the end of the tribulation period is slim. The whole world is going to hate you and it will be a daily struggle to just to stay alive. I want to leave you with this verse:
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
I look forward to seeing you in heaven.